There are 2 main reasons for drinking, the right one and the wrong. People who drink for the wrong reasons is the reason alcohol is dis-owned, often misunderstood and often 'the blame' for their antics. I don't condone excessive drinking & puking & being a nuisance to others. I hate people who get sloshed, create a ruckus, get into fist-fights, misbehave with a woman etc etc. Sadly this is just what the other-side sees and holds to heart. It's these rotten apples who've maligned drinking and obscured its purpose. OK, agreed I have been subject to over-drinking at times myself but I was juvenile then. Now I know that's not what it's about.
I'll tell you what 'its' really about. It's about being liberated, about being free, of finally dropping the mask and letting go of the elaborate facade we're hiding behind. It's about coming face to face with yourself and finally having the balls to say what you really feel, be who you really are. It's about connecting with yourself at a higher level, about shutting out the world and having a quiet moment with yourself midst all the noise surrounding your life. So it's kinda like meditation,only better and much easily achieved ;).
"Reality is an illusion that occurs due to the lack of alcohol."- Homer Simpson
Alcohol just serves as a catalyst between us and our emotions. And that's why some people refrain from drinking. Cause they are afraid. Afraid to embrace their deepest thoughts and feelings. Afraid of what they'll let out once they cut loose. Like one of my dearest friends did admit to me, the sole reason he doesn't drink is he's afraid of what might get out (he did give other lame reasons such as not liking d taste..but blah blah..hehe). It's about letting go of these inhibitions. It's about accepting the truth, not in front of the world but to yourself."In terms of alcohol in general , it is stimulating to the mind.Those that do not drink are missing out."- Anonymous
Everyone needs a lil push and a lil courage at times. That's what alcohol does. It gives you courage to come to grip with whatever it is that's bothering you. And I personally have my moments of epiphany after drinking. Everything gets crystal clear! :D. Over drinks I have realized I'll never get to be with the girl I liked sooo much, over drinks I have realized I have taken life too easy and something needs to be done, over drinks I have come to terms with my failures. And over drinks I have also cherished the friends and family that I have, the good times I've had and the lucky bugger that I am. Over drinks, I've shed tears for things lost and over drinks I've appreciated the things gained. In a nut-shell, over drinks I have understood life.
"Not everyone who drinks is a poet. Some of us drink because we're not poets"- Dudley Moore
But everyone drinks for different reasons. Some just to relax, to let loose, some drink in sorrow and some drink in happiness. And it's a good companion for all of these times. And you are mistaken if you think we need alcohol to have fun. We can well do without it too. And you would also say I'm weak if I need alcohol to get me through the bad times. But I say it's just a medicine. If only temporarily, it releases the pain. But it gives a permanent will to fight, just like a good friend/family's support does. To get back up and fight another day. You think it's just a coincidence alcohol is also called a 'spirit'? The 'spirit' in alcohol refers to the human spirit. The spirit to laugh, to cry, to fight, to live. That's all it really is. Nothing more and nothing less.
"I drink to make other people interesting."- George Jean Nathan
And finally, it's about forging new friendships and strengthening old ones . Nothing bonds guys better than a lil bit of alcohol mixed with a lil bit of rock n roll ;). It's when true friendship's are formed. It's just like any other phase in a friendship, like being there for each other, like trusting each other, like anything that takes to make a friendship strong & true, drinking together too is the same. It gets people closer to each other faster than anything else. I'm not saying it's the only medium to form a good friendship, no, but it's a hell of an effective one ;).“The existence of Beer is proof that God loves us.” — Benjamin Franklin

haha..nice post dude :)
ReplyDeletethx a lot dude..seems u'r just d one who agrees.. :)
ReplyDeletessly dude.. u write quite well.. good creativity
ReplyDeleteLoved the post!! :)
ReplyDeleteThx Ana..glad to see a female agreeing to it...u give me courage... ;)..cheers
ReplyDelete